Something seems to be stirring up in the tower. As its 'natives' learned more information about the place they are in, a chaotic mist is overtaking the tower and rendering it dangerous to move in...and a dark, cruel laughter can be heard....
The dorms, cafeteria and all the stairs of any levels (but not the levels themselves) are the safe zones. Otherwise ALL the areas have a strange taint to them and a dark mist covers the levels. Meaning if you wish to avoid this event, you will need to stay in those areas for the next two days. Any log taking place on the 25th and 26th should reflect this.
Unlike the Destiny String characters, your characters are not completely immune to the strange lingering feeling of insanity. The longer they stay outside of the safe zones, the more they will start to hallucinate:1st Hour
: A laughing female voice whispers how their world is gone in their ears. This is in small intervals and stops for a while before going again.2nd Hour
: The whispers become a normal speaking voice, and from the corner of their eyes, they will see faces and pieces of their old homeworld. The voice talks about any close family and relatives they might have had, or any duty they failed to preform.3rd hour
: You will now hear voices of close ones speaking to you and how you failed.4th hour
: You begin to hallucinate about your homeworld, your vision becomes distorted, leading you into levels mindlessly and dangerously5th Hour
: The hallucinations make you see others as your foes / monsters and you attack anyone close to you, if you don't die from going into a level and thinking you're going back home.6th hour
: You laugh uncontrollably, and attack anything on sight.
There are two ways to revert this:
1) Someone brings you back to the stairs or the dorms and the effects go back in reserve. So say you were in the tower levels for 2 hours and reached that level of madness, you would need 2 hours to "cool down" and return to normal. This makes you a danger to others for those two hours.
2) You die from the hallucinations. Then the normal tower regeneration rules apply. Floor Forty-Nine is hands-off
the minute your character steps off the stairs to this level, they will start to feel incredibly weak and hear a million voices speaking to them at the same time. The best they can do is move a few steps before they collaspe in an unconcious heap. Anyone who is from the Tower and is a Persona User, or used to HP Lovecraft Monsters and the like:
Sorry, but you're still out of luck. You are
'lucky' that the effects of the hallucinations will only start in two hours in instead of the minute you step on a level, but it will come eventually.
Destiny String Characters
Good news everyone! Your Personas make you immune to the insanity mist! ...mostly.
If you haven't awakened your Persona yet, you will feel the same effect as the others, and will do so until you manage to call them out. Thankfully in a place like Animus, that shouldn't be long, if it hasn't done so already.
Otherwise, you might want to help out the tower residents from their little mind demons and take care of the very real zombie demons that now move around the tower levels like they own the place.
Along with special monsters, anyone will find in the normal levels along with the usual Animus monsters, the following wandering everywhere (apart from the safe zones). You are free to play your characters fighting them if you wish. Mr. Zombie
Weak: Physical, Light
Feral Claw Light physical damageZombie Teacher
Weak: Physical, Light
Feral Claw Light physical damage
Teaching Stick: Medium physical damage
Scream: 30% chance of causing the Fear effect.Zombie Priest
Weak: Fire, Darkness
Dark Prayer: 30% chance of blinding target
Feral Claw: Light physical damage
The Word: 30% chance of causing egotism (Target becomes infatuated with themselves, ignoring everything else on the battlefield for two turns.)Zombie Dog
Feral Claw: Light physical damage
Poison Bite: Medium physical damage with 25% chance of infecting with poison. Zombie Soldier
Repeater: Deal high physical damage to one enemy.
Kamikaze: Sacrifice self to 80% of killing one enemy.Zombie Nurse
Fastball: Grab foe and throw them violently
Feral Claw: Light Physical damage
The Mirror Maze (Floor Forty-Nine) For Destiny String Players Only, 1 Day Event
This will require a sign-up below, and the event will start at Midnight on the 24th (EST). You can still sign up after it has started, we will just backlog. You will be grouped into teams. Your Personas will tell you there is a need for you to go to the Forty-Ninth floor.
Keep in mind three things:
1) No matter how brave you are, you will feel in some way terrified
. Like a lingering thought that this isn't right. A notion of fear.
2) The mirrors are going to start reflecting your history. You will be the only one who can see this, anyone else on the team that looks into them will see their own pasts. Breaking a mirror in anger at what is being shown is dangerous, as the normal rules to the level apply: mirrors can be broken, the shards are sharp enough to cut through anything but the strongest armor, may reform at any moment (sending the shards flying toward the mirror), and, of course, breaking a mirror is terribly bad luck. You'll attract monsters for seven hours.
3) This version of the contaminated mirror maze has an actual map that characters will be dumped into. You will be making decisions and running into foes accordingly.
Deep inside the maze, if you make it is...who knows really. Maybe it's Him?